Monday, May 18, 2009

Barbecue Anyone?

While visiting my dad in Utah, he had us over for dinner almost every evening. Now this is a problem because my dad, being a newly single guy, does not do a lot of cooking. In fact this is what his refriderator looked like when I got to his house Water, Almonds and squeaky cheese. Don’t worry though, he took care of things. We ended up having barbeques out on his porch every day.

By the end, I couldn’t look at potato salad or chicken without getting sick.

But we did get to see my grandparents. The kids didn’t like this meeting too well

Until I stepped in

After eating our food, we would all go swimming. The boys really improved with their swimming skills. They were doing awesome. They would do flips under water....and above water

And we were able to go on a night-time boat ride with Bampa where we did run into four beavers....or the same beaver four times.

So, even though I won’t be able to barbecue for the rest of the summer, thanks dad for all the great meals and time!

2 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

I'm sad we couldn't meet up while you were down. FOR SURE call me the next time you're coming to Utah and I'll plan a trip too. It looks like your boys had a lot of fun :)

Melissa Scott said...

Big shout out to Bob and that delicious bbq chicken that Matt and Todd had heapingful portions of. Thanks again for inviting us.. We had tons of fun.