Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Trip To NYC

My trip to New York City was so much fun. I got to spend time with my sisters Lyndee and Lana. I got to see my Grandpa and Grandma Love, was able to go to the temple, got to see my Aunt Jeanette, and my dear cousin Natalie. Got to eat a lot of good food, see a Broadway play, got to sleep through the entire night, run on the Brooklyn Bridge, got to relax with my sisters and cousin, reunited with a friend I hadn't seen in 7 years (fun fact, Laura is graduating from Med school - she's at the same point in school as Todd is, but she's going in to Psychiatry)
The only disappointing thing about the trip occurred after I flew home. LeNae has gone to Spain for 2 months for Study Abroad. Todd had dropped her off at the airport just a couple of hours prior to picking me up. When I got into the car Roger turned to me and said, "Hi Mom....Where's Nae?"
Are you kidding me! He hadn't seen me for 4 days and he's concerned about seeing his Aunt who had just left a few hours before! I give up, send me back to NYC.

1 comment:

The Andra Family said...

An occasional getaway are very much needed for mothers. And regarding your post about the birthday candles, the same thing happens in our house. Pretty much till there is no candle left to light.