Changed my mind. I now hate that town.
It was the hardest run I think I've ever done. I ran a marathon...26.2 MILES, and this was more difficult. It started getting difficult for me around mile 3. I couldn't believe it had only been three miles, and my IT band injury was killing me in both my knees. Melissa did a good job of trying to keep talking to me so that I wouldn't focus on it, but it still hurt.
Every mile felt like three (I guess that's what happens when you don't train). I kept up with Melissa until mile 9, but she was staying too fast for me. I was able to "run" for 2 more miles, but at mile 11 I had to walk at a fast pace. I had hit the wall and was not trained to overcome it. To make matters worse, I was STARVING!!! They had water stations every 3 miles, but that was it, just water. If you're a runner, you understand that there needs to be some sort of nourishment...an orange...an apple... goo.... gatorade... ANYTHING.
I did finish though. I was happy about that. The course was only open for three hours, and I was nervous that I wasn't going to be able to finish it in time, but I finished it with time to spare ya, maybe enough time to blow your nose.
It turned out being a good experience. It was really hard, and reminded me that I do have limits, yet I can still accomplish what I focus on.
I was really stiff, sore and tired afterwards, yet I wasn't off of mom-duty because Todd's out of town, but thankfully LeNae helped when she could. Surprisingly I was able to do a lot of house work later that day....but I did walk around like I was hit by a car. Oh, and tell me why do I have so many stairs in my home?
4 comments:
Thanks for being such a good sport! I am proud of us...and still sore!
Nice job! I can't even run a half mile, so you are doing better than me!
You are definitely your mother's child; you are both persistent and determined.
Your posts are always so cute.
I love your super small print!
Post a Comment