My Boy is 5...What a big boy! He has grown so much in just a year! Here's some things about Mikey, if you didn't already know:Sometimes it is difficult to know if he's asking me a question or making a statement because the format in which he asks is the same. If he is telling me something, he will ask me a question, that he wants me to ask the same question back to him and then he'll tell me the answer. Maybe he's destined to be a teacher?
Mikey can be quite the tease. At times he enjoys "stirring the pot" with his little brothers. I have to admit that because of their reactions, I can't say that I don't blame him.
Mikey is a very righteous boy. He takes pleasure in pleasing his parents. He is quite obedient to my wishes, and when he does get reprimanded, he feels awful. I have to often remind him that he is a very good boy, and that it is okay to make mistakes. He holds himself to a very high standard. He does make life easier for us.
Mikey is a very sweet, silly, like-able boy. He is not a show-off, and when playing with friends, he can be content to just watching them play with the desired toy, rather than requiring that he get a turn with it. He can entertain himself with his own imagination for hours, yet can include his younger brothers. He tries to avoid contention and is a peacemaker.
Mikey loves to make other people happy. He will ask me (but it's more of a statement in a question form), "Mom, I get Nae a dinosaur plate, what will she be so?"
To which I ask, "What will she be so?"
He will then reply in a high pitched voice, "Happy". He loves the idea of surprising someone and making them so happy.
Mikey usually needs time to warm up to people before opening up more with them. He is very sensitive to those that are having struggles in their lives, and will offer a comforting hug or snuggle, even if he's not that acquainted with the person.
Mikey is a sweet boy that I am very proud of and very honored to be his Mommacita. He is such a joy to me and I love him with all my heart. He is the perfect choice to be the example, leader, and older brother to his brothers. I love you so much Mikey!
2 comments:
Oh Loni... What a sweet big boy you have. I love how you do this dedication post on their birthdays. I think I may start copying you on that. Your boys will always no how truely loved they are by you just on how wonderfully you describe them. Great job MOMMY! I look up to your example on how I will want to handle my four. Thank you!
Wow, Mikey is 5! That is crazy! He is such a cute, sweet, boy and you are doing such a good job being his mom!
Post a Comment