Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

My sister Lyndee graduated from NYU with her Master's in Social Work. She had invited me out to the celebration, and since my mom, sister, and grandparents were going to be there, I decided to go. After purchasing the tickets, I realized that I was going to be missing Mother's Day with my boys. I was disappointed in that, but excited that I was going to be with my mom and her mom on that day.
It was a really nice Mother's Day. We went to Lyndee's Single's Ward, even though we complained that it wasn't going to be worth going to since they weren't going to be celebrating the mothers with a flower, cookie, or something with chocolate. Abut the talks that were given, and the lessons that were shared were very good. I don't know, it may have been that for the first time in a LONG time I was actually able to hear the speakers. Lyndee taught Relief Society, and I must say she did an awesome job. Everyone was attentive and sharing their feelings. She definitely will be a good Social Worker.

In celebration for Mother's Day, I will share a few thoughts that I have heard that have really helped me recently:

1 - EVERYTHING can wait. The dishes can wait, the dog can wait, housework can wait, dinner can wait, your friends can wait. Everything can wait EXCEPT for your kids. - You need to let them know where they are in your priorities.

2 - God did not make any perfect mothers, but I am God's perfect choice to be the mother of my children.
Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: