Sunday, March 28, 2010

Frowny Faces

Roger gave his first prayer in Primary. He was so excited. When the time had finally come, he got up to the podium and smiled. I figured I better go stand by him in case he got nervous. He started his prayer, but immediately started giggling for his voice was magnified by the microphone.After doing this a couple of times, I quietly whispered to him to be reverent.
He started really saying his prayer. He said stuff like, "thank you for the prophet, thank you for the songs. ..we love the smiley faces.....we don't like the frowny faces....." It was really difficult to not either laugh at the cuteness or cry at the tenderness.
After several minutes of praying, I whispered in his ear, "In the name of" to help him finish, but he turned to me and said, "No! Not yet!"

No comments: