One day he asked me if boys were stronger than girls. Now having not only science to back me up, but my own conservative views I told him that men are usually stronger than girls. He asked why and we then had a discussion about men and women roles in life. I explained that the man is needed to go to work so that he can make money so that the family has food to eat, I pointed out that Daddy goes to work as a doctor to bring home money. Then I explained to him that a woman is needed to take care of the children. She takes care of them, feeds them, teaches them.
I felt that it was a very pleasant conversation and felt the Spirit's direction. Mikey didn't say much about this for a couple of days, besides the fact that men are stronger (typical boy, right?).
Then one day, out of the blue Mikey said to me, "I don't want you to go to work and have a stranger watch me.... I like you to watch me."
Wow, they really do understand a lot more than they put on.
I am so glad that he feels that way, and I am even more grateful that I can stay at home and "watch" him.
3 comments:
You are such a good mom.
I too am so glad that a stranger doesn't have to watch my kids. Sounds like a great teaching moment.
I agree! You are such a good mom! I have seen mothers who don't always take the time to sit down "in the moment" and explain life's lessons to their kids. You always seem to do that.
Kudos to you! Way to be!
Post a Comment