Saturday, March 13, 2010

Something Right

Sometimes I think I am a good mom....sometimes I think I have everything under control. But then, reality hits me.One afternoon while I was visiting my mom in Utah I was hanging out with my SIL, Nina. It was such a nice afternoon that I sent the boys to the backyard to get their Vitamin D up. After awhile Mikey came back inside to talk to us. Ten minutes later I encouraged Mikey to go play with his brothers. He opened the door and I heard yelling. I ran outside to find this:My boys had hiked up the mountain next to my mom's house. I couldn't believe it. It wasn't the most dangerous or high mountain - but compared to anything they have in Ohio, it would be a state monument if it was in Ohio.
So, I did what any mother would do, grabbed my shoes and camera and joined them. They had such a great time, and were quite proud of having done this by themselves.
They found some long sticks with tags at the top (I'm sure they weren't supposed to touch them, but I saw too late) What did they do with these sticks?
They stuck them into the ground while declaring, "I'm Captain Moroni!!"Okay, maybe I did do something right.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Lon Bon that is too cute! Good for you for teaching them so well and good for them for learning and remembering!