Just to warn you, this is obviously going to be a "Why I Love my husband so much" post:
He is a great father. He takes care of the boys' needs and is very attentive to them. But he also plays with them so well. When they are playing, he treats them as though they are his peers. His boys are his buddies.
He has his priorities in line. He loves God, and fears disobeying Him - I can trust him completely. He places family very high. The ONLY way we have been able to make it this far in his residency and schooling is that when he is home, HE IS HOME. He doesn't escape to another room to play on the computer, he doesn't spend many mindless hours in front of the tv, even to watch a OSU football game!! (He's only watched a handful of those since we've been married - & he LOVES the Buckeyes). He doesn't find any excuse to escape the pressures of the family - in fact it's amazing how much he has gotten by with his schooling because he spends so much time with the family. He not only plays with the kids, he helps them, changes their diapers, and helps me clean the kitchen and house!
He loves to serve. He will serve people no matter how much it puts him out. My dad often jokes, "Todd, the son I always wished I had" because whenever there is something that needs to be done, Todd doesn't wait for someone else to do it, he does it. He serves without a grudge.
He is very smart. Sometimes I forget that he has continued his education while I've been continuing my education in child raising. He will tell me something and I am astounded that he knows these things - but he never flaunts it or shows off - he is actually quite humble. He doesn't view himself as being super smart.
Todd is such a great guy, I am so incredibly lucky to have him in my life. He brings me so much joy and is my #1 supporter. I hope that he has the best day, even though he has to work the night through...
I can't believe that Todd saves people's lives, sometimes he has a hard time with simple math. He ALWAYS comes home late - at what point do you tell the patient that they are on their own? He is a slob and he refuses to take the trash out before it gets way overfilled! Just really difficult to live with this man!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday OLD man!! We sure think highly and love ya Todd and so glad that we are family! GO BUCKS!!!
Your last paragraph makes me smile.
I think Nate and Todd could be good friends if circustances allowed. They have a lot of similar qualities.
Happy Birthday Todd!
Oh... and yes I have read Catching Fire. I am looking forward to August when the third book comes out.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODD!! HOpe that you had a great day..and Luke is glad that you both share the "old" title! ;0)
Post a Comment