Friday, June 27, 2008

Jump Jump Jump

I guess we were getting a little too comfortable with the boys climbing on the top of the swing set, that we decided that we wanted something more adventurous, dangerous, exciting. Or maybe I was feeling a little left out when it came to sharing stories of taking your kids to the ER (been blessed to never having to do it, yet). Yep, we got a trampoline. Actually it is a gift from Bampa - Thank you Bampa.

Setting it up was a pain, even causing Todd to bleed and our friend Jenni to want to cry. It really was difficult. Imagine having somewhat of an elastic blanket that you are supposed to stretch like it's never been stretched with one man, one postpartum woman with no abs, and a recent high school graduate. (Side note - Jenni just graduated and on their diplomas the word education was misspelled. Impressive, I know) All while three young kids wandered around us, watching, and a baby needing to be fed often. There was a moment we weren't sure we could do it, but we finally did.

My dad claims that he got the boys the trampoline for some recreational purposes, but after seeing the pictures, he sees that I agreed to it just for caging purposes. I just have to say, can you blame me?

The boys absolutely love it. Roger, who we have nicknamed Tigger for some time, is in his element. He loves to bounce and bounce. William isn't a fan of jumping - I don't think he can even jump yet. But he loves to run around on it, and when he's standing the boys know "Gotta be a soft with a brother. I a good brother". William likes to lay down and have the boys jump him. He giggles and just yells to hear his voice bounce. Mikey has been so excited for it and has talked of nothing else. He will jump til he's tired, then lie down on it, then jump when he's ready. Yesterday he had all of us on it and he was the teacher of a gymnastics class. It was really cute.

Thank you again Bampa, the boys love it!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Looks like fun! I don't think I have ever seen one set up like that before..very cool!

The Jones Fam said...

How fun! Hopefully you will still be able to avoid the ER! Jaylee also loves to jump. When we visited Missy in Phoenix, that was all she wanted to do. Her boys really got sick of it.

Amber said...

How fun! What a cool Bampa :) Hope that life is going well and that you are staying kinda sane :) Take care!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Looks like a great tramp - especially if you can also use it as a cage! :)

Melissa Scott said...

Ditto on the "cage." I love the t-ball pics, too. It makes me laugh to see him somewhat focused and then sitting down... I remember doing it for sure.