Today is Grant's One Week Birthday. Todd isn't all that impressed. He said if we're going to be celebrating his one week birthday, we would need to celebrate all the kids' week birthdays, every week. Just about spoiling the fun if you ask me.
It seems like we've had Grant with us a lot longer than one week. I don't know if it's because we didn't have the couple of hospital days. But he even seems older than one week. I'm not enforcing hand washing or hand sanitizer - but that may be because he's my fourth, not first.
We have been so happy with Grant. He's quite calm and easy going. My midwife came a couple of days ago to check up on us. While here she pricked his foot for the PKU blood test. She had to do it twice and he never flinched or cried. That's my boy!
He's sleeping a lot (isn't that why we love newborns?), and at night he wakes up every three hours in which I usually just have to roll over and "plug" him in. The boys are still loving him so much. They have been quite tender with him. William still believes that Grant is his personal toy and gets upset when any of his brothers holds Grant.
Nursing has been going very well. He is a great eater. He knows how to latch on, and will eat for a long time. But this does cause me pain. My chest is sore and I start wondering if nursing is worth it (all those who have nursed know what this is all about) but hopefully I'll toughen up soon.
The boys have gotten use to me nursing. In fact Mikey keeps on asking me to feed his stuffed donkey. I try to pretend, but then he insists not on my shirt. I try telling him that Grant's eating at the moment and he says to feed him with the other one. Oh dear me. There's no fooling this kid, but I refuse to "feed" a donkey.
Here's William crying because Mikey's holding Grant
That's all better
7 comments:
Good to see that you all are doing well! What cute boys you have! Grant is looking good and healthy :) How fun and then not so much (flash-backs)...I hope that you are healing well and getting enough sleep! Take care of you :)
You make it sound so incredibly wonderful; I hope it really is going that well for you. Of course, hang in there with the nursing; it usually gets better around the 2 week mark. In the photo shoot picture, I think Grant looks so much like the other ones. congrats!
Great photo Loni
We are glad to see that you and the boys are doing well.
Continue to pamper yourself and lots of rest.
Congratulations Loni. He is beautiful. I loved hearing your story. It ALMOST makes me want to have another one. I am glad you got to experience natural child birth. It is amazing
I'm glad the boys love hime so much. Its cute that William gets upset when the other two hold him. Please let me know what I can do to help.
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that everything went so well for you (even if your midwife was missing) and you have a happy healthy baby.
Sounds like everything is going great. I can't believe how big Grant looks compared to Paige. I hope you are enjoying every minute of your sweet boys!
Post a Comment