Sunday, June 15, 2008

To My Daddoo

This being Father's Day, I have to give a shout out to the man that helped shape me to who I am today. I just wanted to mention some of the reasons I love my dad.
My dad has always made me feel like "his little girl". Even though he has four daughters, I am his favorite - it is something we have always both understood. But in all seriousness, even though he does have four girls, I always did feel special. Here's my dad doing my dishes - amazing I know!! Notice the cabinets - I stained them!!
My personality is a lot like my dad's. Because of this, I think he has been able to understand me and my needs. He always knew how to let me be my own person, yet challenging me when he felt I needed it. He gave me praise when I needed it, and always was giving love and support. He expected, and expects the best out of me and I always try hard to not let him down.
He is very caring and concerned for me. With the arrival of my fourth child, he is sensitive to mine and my children's' needs - emotionally and physically. In fact, he's paying for one of my old Young Women to come and help me out for 6 weeks (I'm very excited). He's very generous, always looking for ways that he can sacrifice to make my life easier.
He has a great sense of humor and can make you laugh, or is willing to laugh with you. He really can be a lot of fun to be with.
He loves my boys. He jokes around with them, and shows them love. They love him (and even jump on him - sorry Dad). When I dropped him off at the airport on Friday, Mikey and Roger cried and cried. They were so disappointed that he was leaving, and that they weren't going with him. Actually I don't know if they were sad that he was leaving, but just sad that they themselves weren't leaving - it's kind of stressful here. No, he really does love them and plays with them. They love going and sitting on his lap - actually all of his grandkids do, it's kind of like the coveted spot to be. When he's around, there is always a kid on his lap.
I love you Dad. I'm so glad that you are my dad. Thank you for all that you have done for me and taught me.

2 comments:

The Andra Family said...

That was fun to read Loni. It's neat to get a little inside look at someone you know from only the outside. He looks like a loving and fun grandfather as well.

Lyndee said...

DITTO to everything you said, we will make you the family newsletter:) You are so on top of it, just after having a baby- it was so good to see for the short little bit, I am so proud of you and absolutely love your family, even the crazy and wild Frat Brothers. Hope adjustment is going well, we miss you and love you-