After deciding to have a homebirth, I really have associated myself with a whole new class of people. Because I'm living in a bigger area, I do get asked where I had Grant - it's not a small town with only one hospital. I'm honest (hey, Todd is honest to the people he works with, even if it may cause them to think less of him) and it always strikes up an interesting conversation. Just the other day I met a woman who does homeschool. Because of the homebirth, she and I are in the same league - hippy naturalist.
I've never really thought of myself as a naturalist, and to be honest I'm not really. But the other day I realized maybe I'm not as moderate as I thought.
While taking the boys on a walk, Mikey said to me: "Mom, I wanna hug a tree"
I told him that he could, so he walked up to the nearest tree and he hugged it. Roger quickly followed suit. The rest of the walk they hugged all the trees in sight, all but the trees with bushes growing all around them (I don't want my neighbors to hate me). This happened about a week ago, and every walk (which because of the dog is almost daily) since then they each hug at least one tree, if not more. It really is cute. But I do have to say, I am just one step closer to being called a hippy, and to be honest, with a new baby I don't really do my hair all that often. Just one more thing to add to the list.
While walking, the boys still have to stop and sit "on the big one"
1 comment:
Lon Bon, my tree hugger friend. We also thought you were the NORMAL one of the Heritage Halls bunch, but I guess we were wrong! =) How are you holding up with all the boys? I can barely handle my two!!!
Post a Comment