Monday, June 30, 2008

First Bath

When is the last time you went almost a month without a bath? Well, Grant about did. Today he is 4 weeks old and yesterday he got his first bath. I know it sounds weird to wait so long, but there are good reasons, and I did give him a couple of sponge baths in between. First reason we waited is his bellybutton cord took awhile to come off. It actually came off in two pieces. The tip came off then about a week later the rest came off - weird, I know. The second reason is that he had to wait for Grandma Patti to bathe him.
Grandma Patti has given each of our boys their first bath. This wasn't intentional, but just happened. So, if it was an option, we wanted her to bathe Grant. She is on a trip with my sister and her 5 friends that my mom taught in Young Women's. They are staying at my house for a couple of days. When Grant's belly button cord didn't fall off for awhile, I realized that my mom could give him his first bath if we waited just a little bit.
Grant absolutely loved his bath. I wonder if it was because we waited until he was so old. (I'm starting to realize that he's coming out of the newborn phase, he's more alert and slightly responsive) The other boys got to watch it and loved it too. I even let William get in the adjoining sink so he could see better, and also because he was sticky from breakfast. By the end, we had all the boys in the tub. It's cute how these brothers love to be together - that or their strong desire to be clean.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE that pic with all the boys... how sweet and fun! :)

jen said...

your boys are so cute. crazy that they all fit in the sink!

The Jones Fam said...

I love that last pic with all of your boys. Grant needs to work on his tan though, to catch up with the rest of them!

Kimi said...

So cute! What a fun picture. You have adorable kids, for sure!

Lacey said...

Ha ha. That picture with all four of them is priceless. I just love it.

Five Alive said...

Love the photo of all the boys in the sink together. Are you getting much sleep these days?

lexi said...

I too love the picture with all the boys--how sweet. Don't feel bad, Paige took her first bath this week too!

Our family said...

That is the cutest picture of all the boys!!
AMY

Amber said...

Super Cute!!! Glad that grandma patti could continue the tradition! How fun!

April and Paul said...

what a sweet tradition! I can't believe how big Grant is! You are so good at blogging... I never get a post up and you do daily! WITH 4 BOYS!

melis w-y said...

how precious are 4 boys in the kitchen sink! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Not to beat a dead horse... but seriously those are some beautiful boys!