Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Other Woman


I am a little heartbroken.

My boys have always been very true to me. Todd claims that I really don't ever want a girl because I enjoy being the only girl in the house way too much. I have to admit that it is slightly true. I am the princess here. The boys are always telling me that they love me, and that I'm a princess, and that I am so pretty. I have told Todd that if he would sweet talk me more, well you know what.

The boys have always thought these things about me and me only. My sisters kept begging them to say that they were pretty, but oh no, only mommy is pretty. Roger even told my midwife's assistant (without her even asking) that she was not pretty - yea, that was awkward. So imagine my surprise when Roger betrayed me and told another girl that she was pretty.

I was watching my friend's little 2 year-old girl, Anna. As we sat down to eat, Roger was sitting by Anna. He kept on staring at her like he had never seen her before - in reality he has seen her a lot and always talks about going to "Anna's house". He then started stroking her hair and trying to make eye contact with her. Meanwhile Anna had the "I'm not sure I like this, but I'm too uncomfortable to say anything" look on her face. Roger then said, "Anna so pretty"

It about killed me, I had been replaced so soon!! I thought I had years to prepare for this. We have always said that our boys aren't going to date until after their missions, so what did Roger think he was doing? Just recruiting letter writers 16 years before he leaves? A little ridiculous if you ask me.

7 comments:

jen said...

oh the nerve.

Amber said...

How cute and sad for you :) Teeball sure looked fun too! Hope that life is going well and that you are feeling good and getting out of the new mommy craziness! You are one of my HEROS for sure!! Take Care! My mom says HI- they are here visiting :)

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

You are so funny! I was always worried about not having a girl... but you've shown me boys can be bliss too!

Terra said...

that was cute. I nice little moment with the midwife asst. I can only imagine what she was thinking. Hope to see you before we leave!

The Jones Fam said...

That is too cute! Hopefully when Jett grows up, and can talk, he'll tell me that I'm beautiful and that he thinks I'm a princess! With that kind of treatment, I wouldn't want a girl either!

The Lassen Family said...

She IS pretty cute,Loni. Tough competition:-)

I hadn't told you about the house? I guess I had just told you that we were looking. We will still be in the ward when we move - it's Olmsted Falls. Our house really does kinda look like yours! Too funny. Good minds think alike!

Jen said...

I'm so impressed my daughter made the front page of your blog. She is also very sweet! We love your family - maybe we can arrange the marriage now. :)