I rushed in there to help and comfort him. He had puked a lot, and it was still coming out. He had been playing with both Roger and William, so they became victims of some sprayage.
I rushed him to the bathroom where he decided puking on the floor was a better idea than puking in the toilet. After he was done, my little guy was VERY concerned about getting all this stuff off of himself. I carried him up to one bathtub and the other two boys to the other bathtub.
After his bath, I put Mikey to bed in my bed. I know I'm asking for him to puke in my bed, he has already puked in it once tonight (thank goodness for sheet protectors), but I know it's giving him a lot of comfort to be there with me, plus Todd's gone so I am missing a bed partner.
Cleaning up the mess in the toyroom and bathroom was terrible. The problem with this particular illness is that you don't have a lot of signs of it coming on (hence puking in Walmart) so Mikey wasn't contained in his bed or something like that. I guess I should have been more aware when Mikey didn't eat his dinner.
-I am now finishing this post the next day. As I was typing this post, Mikey started puking again. So, again I had the pleasure of cleaning up something that was disgusting. I then fed Grant, who had been sick earlier in the day. As he was finishing eating, he suddenly blew out all that I had fed him, plus more. I was drenched and couldn't believe that his little body held so much fluid. At this point Mikey had fallen asleep, so I just stuck a towel over the soiled spot, changed my shirt and went to sleep.
Though I was exhausted, sleep did not come to me easily. I was feeling nauseous, believing it to be from cleaning up all the puke. Suddenly I found myself running to the bathroom to puke.
I hate puking so much! I spent a lot of those first couple of hours running to the bathroom. When I was lying down, I was feeling sick and trying not to move so that my stomach wouldn't hurt so much. It reminds me of how it feels to be prego. For all of those in the 1st trimester - my heart goes out to you.
Throughout the night I had to deal with my other boys. Mikey woke up several times, Roger came and climbed into bed with us, Grant woke up for his nighttime feeding, then William climbed into my bed. Being awake wasn't fun, but I didn't have any options. I really do not know how single mothers do it.
I felt much better this morning, but still sick and achy. All I can say is:
I LOVE THIS WOMAN
After she got back from school she fed the boys lunch and dinner, played with them all day, and cleaned up so I could get some rest. Thank you LeNae.
6 comments:
Oh...I am so sorry. Sick kids are the worst. Too bad mom's dont' get to take a sick day off. Hope it gets better and I'm so glad LeNae is there to help you...what a sweetheart!
Oh Loni!! I am so sorry! I HATE PUKING and you are right, I do feel bad for myself b/c being in the first trimester definately sucks!! ;)
But seriously, let me know if you need anything...it is never fun to have sick kids and on top of it, YOU ARE SICK TOO! Thank goodness for LeNae...she is such a sweetheart!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your mom while she was there! Too bad she left before you had this awful, horrible day! I wish I lived somewhere near you so I could help you in some way! I don't know how you do it!
Loni sorry to hear that your all sick with a touch of the stomach flu, I hope you all get over it soon.
awwww Loni I feel for ya! This is the only thing I do not like about being a mom. Having to take care of sick little ones while you are sick too. No fun at all. I am glad you have so much support to help you. Still it is horrible to go through no matter how much help you have. Because I am sure your help isn't there 24/7 and you are.
My heart goes out to you. No fun! Did you save a bowl of puke and set it on the counter in front of Lenae in the picture? j/k
Post a Comment