Thursday, October 9, 2008

Presidential Election

I've been a little discouraged with this Presidential election. I'm not very impressed with either candidate. I've heard the saying, "I love my country more than I hate McCain" I really feel like we are voting not for the best man for the job, but for the lesser of the two evils. ....Until I watched the Vice-Presidential Debate.
I LOVE Palin!!!!
She is awesome. She was so real. Her values and views are real and smart. After Bidden would answer a question I was left not understanding what his answer really was. Being in the Senate for so long, he's forgotten how to speak to the people he's serving. Plus he would say contradictory points so to not offend anyone. When Palin spoke you understood the message she was giving, you knew where she stood, and she has lived a REAL American life -one that hasn't been polluted with the ideas of politicians or Hollywood. She didn't have an agenda - she just wanted to be involved with her children's schooling, joined the PTA , did such a great job she became the PTA president. She excelled in that so well, she became a member of the city council and eventually became the mayor. Again because of her work, she became Governor. She never wanted glory, she just did her job.
So, for me I say
Sarah Palin for President
(I know she's running for VP, but is it wrong to hope that eventually her running mate has a heart attack?)

5 comments:

3 MEN AND A LADY said...

How can you love a woman who believes she has experience in international relations because she can see Russia from her state? A woman whose husband belonged (until she decided to run for Govenor) to a group who wanted Alaska to secede from the US. If McCain wins, I will be praying everyday that he remains healthy!

The Lassen Family said...

Love this!

Loni said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loni said...

The "see Russia" from her state is a metephor. But in reality, being that close to a foreign country does lead me to believe that she has a little bit of knowledge of foreign affairs. About her husbands group - in some ways I would love to join. The US government has overstepped it's boundaries - now everyone is assumed guilty until proven innocent, the government is constantly taking our money and funding programs that I do not agree with, even bailling out companies that made poor choices. But really, we judge cannidates based upon their families and their choices. This woman has had 5 children, one of which has Downs - and kept him! I approve her.
Shanna - is that you?! I've missed you. How are the boys?

3 MEN AND A LADY said...

Yes, Loni, it's me. I had written a very long reply post to this, however, I deleted it as I think it might be better for us not to discuss politics :)

We are doing great. I just started a photo blog, it's macrostie.blogspot
so you will have to check it out sometime. You guys seem to be doing well.