No I'm not talking about Todd, I'm talking about Mikey & Roger.
I'm not quite sure my boys are going to be ready to come back to me - they love being with Grandma - especially Mikey. Grandma has a special place in Mikey's heart. Mikey has never had a problem warming up to Grandma, even when you couldn't get him to make eye contact with anyone else. He'll always talk about her, saying stuff like, "Let's go get Grandma", or "Where's Grandma....in Utah". Grandma has a little playhouse outside her house which Mikey has dubbed, "Mikey's little house". So, "Momma's house" is in Ohio, "Grandma's Orange house" is in Utah (she also has "Grandma's Party house", "Grandma's Water house", "Reagan's house" (which that last one is actually my dad's house -weird)) and "Mikey's little house" is in Utah. Maybe he'll go to college in Utah and live in his little house.
I went with LeNae to Utah to take the boys to my mom, and to spend Conference weekend with Grandma Love (my mom's mom). The boys did pretty well with the flying - thanks to LeNae. Mikey was good about carrying his backpack around and not loosing his hat. He did put a small plastic snake inside his cap and when we sat down on the plane, realizing it was missing he started crying, "My friend! I lost my friend!" Very sad. Luckily LeNae realized that it had fallen out just outside the airplane door, so after shuffling through the crowd, she rescued Mikey's "friend".
The man who sat in front of William was super nice. William would stick his little hand between the seats and the man would share his chex-mix with him. The man eventually gave William the entire bag - so nice! But now William is going to have a problem of sticking his hand into the seats in front of him looking for treats.

It was so great to see Grandma Love. I explained to the boys that she was Grandma's mommy, and that's what they called her. "Ya, I like Grandma Mommy's house " is what Roger said. She was great with them, and even when they went into her celestial room I had more of a fit than she did. Luckily when we left all that was broken was one cup from the kitchen.
I also got to see some of my aunts and uncles, which is always fun. My mom's brothers are pretty good people, but they definitely married up. I've got some of the most pleasant aunts who didn't freak out when I entered their home with four small children (I freak out bringing them into my own home, but I'm obligated to let them in, I'm their mother).
Monday, October 6, we drove down to my mom's house. But we made a stop at Build-a-Bear. Roger & Mikey both got the same dinosaur, William got an elephant, and Grant got a bear (that Lana picked out and made). At first my boys didn't quite get the idea - it was a good thing we were the only customers in the store. Roger took the display dinosaur and would not let go of him. I tried to hand him one of the ones that you stuff, but he didn't want a "broken one". After stuffing his, we had to do a little switch-a-roo.
I stayed with my mom until Thursday. Because of some trouble, I was able to switch my flight to have me fly into Columbus so I could see Todd. He got off work at 7 AM Friday morning and didn't have to be back until 6 AM Saturday morning, so I got almost 24 hours with him!! LeNae was nice enough to drive down on Saturday to pick me up (I guess she is good for something).
Bampa's Silly Car with No Doors
I'm not quite sure my boys are going to be ready to come back to me - they love being with Grandma - especially Mikey. Grandma has a special place in Mikey's heart. Mikey has never had a problem warming up to Grandma, even when you couldn't get him to make eye contact with anyone else. He'll always talk about her, saying stuff like, "Let's go get Grandma", or "Where's Grandma....in Utah". Grandma has a little playhouse outside her house which Mikey has dubbed, "Mikey's little house". So, "Momma's house" is in Ohio, "Grandma's Orange house" is in Utah (she also has "Grandma's Party house", "Grandma's Water house", "Reagan's house" (which that last one is actually my dad's house -weird)) and "Mikey's little house" is in Utah. Maybe he'll go to college in Utah and live in his little house.
I went with LeNae to Utah to take the boys to my mom, and to spend Conference weekend with Grandma Love (my mom's mom). The boys did pretty well with the flying - thanks to LeNae. Mikey was good about carrying his backpack around and not loosing his hat. He did put a small plastic snake inside his cap and when we sat down on the plane, realizing it was missing he started crying, "My friend! I lost my friend!" Very sad. Luckily LeNae realized that it had fallen out just outside the airplane door, so after shuffling through the crowd, she rescued Mikey's "friend".
It was so great to see Grandma Love. I explained to the boys that she was Grandma's mommy, and that's what they called her. "Ya, I like Grandma Mommy's house " is what Roger said. She was great with them, and even when they went into her celestial room I had more of a fit than she did. Luckily when we left all that was broken was one cup from the kitchen.
I also got to see some of my aunts and uncles, which is always fun. My mom's brothers are pretty good people, but they definitely married up. I've got some of the most pleasant aunts who didn't freak out when I entered their home with four small children (I freak out bringing them into my own home, but I'm obligated to let them in, I'm their mother).
I stayed with my mom until Thursday. Because of some trouble, I was able to switch my flight to have me fly into Columbus so I could see Todd. He got off work at 7 AM Friday morning and didn't have to be back until 6 AM Saturday morning, so I got almost 24 hours with him!! LeNae was nice enough to drive down on Saturday to pick me up (I guess she is good for something).
I'm sure the boys have had a wonderful time. They were able to swim in my mom's pool (which they are doing awesome in swimming by themselves - even jumping in on their own and swimming the length of the pool - kinda nerve-racking for me). They love riding in "Bampa's Silly Car with No Doors", and in his boat on the pond where Mikey is Captain Mikey and they sing, "We are the Pirates who don't do Anything" (gotta love Veggie Tales). I'm sure it's going to be a little disappointing to come back to our boring home, hopefully the thought of seeing me will brighten them up. But let's face it, it's the thought of seeing Joey that will make them happy.
And just so you know that Grant was with us also, here's a photo of him.
I love this kid!!
2 comments:
That's fun you got to see your family and you even got to see Todd! Your parents are wonderful.
Wow, what a trip! Looks like you and the boys had a wonderful time! Don't you just love watching your kids with their grandparents?? I sure do!
Hope life is getting back settled down and such! Take care!
Post a Comment