Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Jesus did

Today Mikey looked up at me and said, "Who made the world?"

I have no idea where this question came up, but because he used it in his I-want-you-to-ask-me-this-question tone, so I asked him, "Who made the world?"
"Jesus did"
I was instantly fascinated with his knowledge. So I asked him:
"Who made the animals?"
"Jesus made them......Who made the big big tree?"
"Who made the big big tree?" I asked
"Jesus did"

I decided to test him a little more. "Who made William?" I asked.
"Jesus did"
"Who made you?"
"Jesus did......Mom, God made me special!"


Then tonight I was playing the piano for my own enjoyment. Mikey came over and requested some Primary songs. Roger also came over and sat by the piano. There is something great about having your little boys sitting around you singing these sweet songs.
While playing the songs, Roger said to me, "Jesus wanna save me"
Very insightful.
I am so impressed with them. I really am not quite sure where and how they've learned these important truths, but I hope it continues.

Now I realize that when they are sitting around like this:they're actually contemplating the universe.

4 comments:

Lacey said...

That is one of the sweetest things I have heard. They must be paying attention!

The Jones Fam said...

That is so sweet! I've recently been trying to tell Jaylee more about Jesus and Heavenly Father, it sounds like you're doing a better job than I am!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That's impressive! It's always nice to know where we came from. Isn't it sad that some grown adults don't understand the simplet truths that your boys do. Lucky to have the gospel and a purpose in life.

the Petterson Family said...

Now, that...brings tears to my eyes! Seriously, the last line in this post is beautiful and TRUE!