Mikey is very interested in names lately. He has to name everything. He names (or rather has LeNae or I name) his little animal toys, his fork, objects, pretty much anything. He even names body parts - but with that he just gives them the name of the person who it belongs to, Mikey's hand's name is "Mikey".
He'll ask us what our names are. A typical conversation goes as follows:
"Nae, what's your name?"
"LeNae"
"and..."
"Janette"
"and..."
The "and" gets very frustrating and keeps on continuing, so we have just started making up more names for ourselves, like Samantha or Betty.
With all this talk about names, Mikey has decided to change his own name. I'm not sure of what is wrong with "Mikey", but he's moved on. I don't know if it was caused because he missed his daddy, or if he figured that his dad had been gone so long that it was time for Mikey to replace him, but he has renamed himself "Todd". He told me the other day, "They call me Mikey, but I call me Todd."
And just today at swimming lessons I heard Mikey tell his teacher, "My name's not Mikey. My name is Todd".
Maybe I'll just call him Starboy.
3 comments:
Hahahahaha, that is hilarious! He must miss his daddy! How much longer until he gets back? Poor Lon Bon!
you know what's sad? i understood "starboy" because i read that book when i was at your house... it was ok.
Awesome- I just love your last comment :) How old is that Mikey of yours anywho? I was trying to tell my husband how old your eldest was and I wasn't sure myself, I guess I need an update to keep up with all your cute boys :)
Post a Comment