Sunday, October 12, 2008

OBAMA - LEAVE ME ALONE

Did you know that Ohio has voted for every president thus far. Living in a swing state can have it's perks and downfalls.

My vote does have a hefty say in the Presidential election, but it also means that the candidates are fighting for my vote.

If I was undecided at this point, I would definitely not choose Obama.

I have received many inconvenient phone calls, at really bad times, from people working in the Obama campaign telling me about Obama and encouraging me to vote for him. I have even received a phone call with a recorded message from his wife. I am signed up for the "Do Not Call" registry, but apparently Obama is above that.

Then just this afternoon I had a knock (and doorbell ring) at the door. I answer it to find this woman with a clipboard in hand.

"I'm from the Obama campaign, can I talk to Loni or Todd"
"I'm Loni"
"Who have you chosen to vote for in this November election?"
"McCain"
She writes something on her paper, "and do you know about Todd?"
"McCain"


I think by the look on my face she was able to discern that I wasn't willing to talk about it nor wanted to change my vote. If she had asked, I would have told her directly that I do not like Obama's healthcare plan and feel like that and his other ideas are way too socialist for me. I do not live in Russia and I do not care to live like they did.


I came back inside to find that her doorbell ring had awoken my two babies - ya, that really will help get my vote.

The more I thought about it, the more upset I was. Who was this random woman, and how did she get mine and Todd's information? I feel that my privacy has been violated. She had no right nor need for that - but then I guess if we become a socialist nation, privacy is a luxury we will not have. The government will be in charge of everything. I'll be lucky if I can see my kids 3 times a week.

I do understand Obama's campaign feels that it is effective to go door to door, or to call random strangers on the phone and urge them to vote for him. But I feel that it is actually quite ineffective. I now feel worse about Obama. If he wanted these people to be effective, have them stand by the road with a sign. Or better yet, have them call and visit the people they personally know. I wouldn't be offended with a phone call from a friend, telling me who he/she was voting for and giving me reasons why I should do the same. Even if the phone call came at a bad time, I would be willing to discuss this with her. Then, if she could convince me to vote for Obama, to encourage me to contact all my friends and encourage them to vote for him (this is all hypothetical - I am not impressed with Obama's stand on issues and do feel that his part in ACORN did help bring about the need of the bailout - goodbye to all of our own money).
I send this out to the black void of internet -
OBAMA - PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE!
Note - I have been asked questions about this picture. I just found it on the internet. I'm not sure if it's been doctored up or not, but Obama has been a huge chain smoker "until" he started the Presidential race. Supposedly it's a stress reliever for him - bad time to quit then.

7 comments:

Angie said...

AMEN!

Unknown said...

You go girl, I agree with you 100%. That is the truest picture of Osama (oops I mean, Obama) I've seen! Go Mcain!

Lauren and Trevor said...

Loni,
I love your posts. I must say we have had quite the Obama push here lately as well. It is crazy. By the way, where did you find that picture of him?
-Lauren

Nikki said...

that is a funny picture at the end. We get those calls alot too. I would also have to agree with you about Sarah Palin. . .If I could I would vote her for president!

Jenn said...

So frustrating! Go vote and make your voice heard Lon Bon! See living in Utah you have no voice, it's republican no matter what. I, like you, and not a huge McCain fan but OBAMA-are you kidding me?!

The Jones Fam said...

I'm not going to get into a big discussion here, but I'm sure that photo has been doctored. (not by you, by people who are smear campaigning) I think the reason you are getting so many phone calls, visits, etc. Is that this is a VERY important election. I think people are sick of where this country has gone these last 8 years and are ready for change and are working hard to achieve it. But even though I feel differently than you, I still love you!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I hate people ringing my doorbell and I hate random phone calls.