Mikey will often say to me, "I'm having a bad day" --come on, he's only four years-old, how BAD can it really be?
Now Roger has followed him in this. If he's happy, he'll say "I'm having a good day", if he's sad he'll say "I'm having a bad day". I need to teach him to not write off the entire day because of what he's feeling at the moment.
If Roger is crying, Mikey will say to me, "He's having a bad day" or "He needs to go to bed".
Mikey has even added to his sentence by saying, "I'm having a bad rough day"
But my personal favorite is when Mikey says, "I'm having a good rough day"
Last night we went to Walmart. While there, Roger told me his tummy hurt. He looked a little pale, so we started heading to check out. While standing in line, he looked at me and my mom and started vomiting. My mom pulled the bottom of his shirt to have the majority of the stuff be held in by his shirt. After he was done we carefully pulled his shirt off.
I started carrying him to the bathroom to clean him up. Just as we got away from the checkout lines, Roger covered his mouth, I put my hand over his mouth as I realized in horror that he was going to puke again.
This time the vomit squirted everywhere, in my hair, my eyes, all over my clothes, but not too much on Roger. I just kept on walking, with one eye closed because of the vomit that was dripping all around it. (I know you didn't want to hear that, but hey, if you've read this far you've obviously been in a similar situation).
I took off the rest of his clothes and got him all cleaned up. We waited in the bathroom until my mom could purchase some clothes for him. Luckily there was a bench in the bathroom.
I held him on my lap as we waited, scratching his back and promising him a bath in my bathtub. He looked at me, and pointing to the chunks he had blown on my shirt, he said, "Momma....I sorry...got..your shirt...."
I told him it was okay as I scratched his back. He then said,
"Mom...I'm having a bad day"
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Poor little guy. Hope he's feeling better. Katy always used to say "I'm having a hard day" If they only knew!
Oh, poor little guy! I hope he's feeling better.
Oh sad! That is a bad day, if I blew chunks all over someone else, It WOULD be a "bad rough" day!
I was laughing almost the whole way, until the end when he apologized about the shirt..then I started tearing up! What a sweet boy! Sorry that he wasn't feeling well..and that he had a bad day! ;)
Hahahahaha, Lon Bon that's a BAD day for you AND poor Roger! Thank heaven your mom was there huh!?
Oh sad. Sorry Loni. Poor little Roger. He's so sweet.
Poor little guy! I hope that he is feeling better. I hope that you got a shower too :)
Wow, that is a bad day! For both of you! You never really forget the experience of having someone else puke all over you. Good thing your mom was there to help!
As much as we miss your mom, we're glad she's there to help you out.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Sorry, but that is hysterical.
Post a Comment