Friday, September 12, 2008

Botanical Gardens

Today I took the boys to the Botanical Gardens. Of course it had to rain today, so we didn't spend too much time in the Children's Garden which is outside. I went with a couple of other mothers from Early Childhood PTA. Of course all of us brought only boys (what is in the water up here?) We played in the Children's Garden, while having a light sprinkle on us, the boys didn't mind though. They got to play with watering cans, feed some fish, play with umbrellas, climb up a "tree house". After we decided that we were all getting too wet, we went to the indoor exhibits.
Inside we went through a desert exhibit, where Mikey's favorite part was the "pretty leaf" and Roger's was the chameleon, Grant's was the diaper change.

The next exhibit was the coolest. It was the rainforest, which was filled with tons of butterflies. They were beautiful! It was crazy seeing so many fly around.

We then had lunch in a classroom. All was going well until I realized that I had left the boys sandwiches on the kitchen counter at home! We were able to improvise, and the boys were very well behaved.

It was almost a perfect day, until at the very end Mikey had gotten away from me. We all looked for him, and I finally found him just skipping down a hallway. He had no clue that he was lost - maybe it was just me being lost. Oh, and also Roger got bit by another little boy that is William's age. But, I was just grateful it wasn't my kid doing the biting, and that Roger didn't hit him back.

This is the kid that bit Roger - he liked to hug William who is more of a kissing person

3 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I love botanical gardens!

April and Paul said...

Fun day! I bet Paul and I have all girls. Isn't it funny how that happens. You sure seem to have a good community up there.

Dean and Rachel said...

Looks like a cool place! Your boys are so cute...