This weekend Mikey went on his first father & son campout! He was so excited. We decided to have Roger stay home because we figured that the chances of everyone having a good experience may decrease if Roger were to go. It was sad when they left because Roger cried and cried. "I lose my daddy" is what he said.
Notice how happy Roger is
After a bit, Roger calmed down and we had a fun evening. Just having one child gone made so much of a difference. I felt like I was on vacation - and Mikey is my easiest child! I really don't know if it was not having Mikey, or not having Todd that made it seem so easy.
Sunday was the Primary Program, and this being Mikey's first year in Primary, it was his first program. He did a great job sitting on the stand - only started wondering off once. When the children sang, you could hear a little raspy, monotone voice "singing" the words very clearly. This was Nathan's voice - I don't think Mikey sang one word. He was too busy avoiding eyecontact with me - but when he did look at me, I got a huge smile from him.
Roger loved it, he was so disappointed that he couldn't go up with Mikey (life is very difficult when you're three).
After a bit, Roger calmed down and we had a fun evening. Just having one child gone made so much of a difference. I felt like I was on vacation - and Mikey is my easiest child! I really don't know if it was not having Mikey, or not having Todd that made it seem so easy.
Sunday was the Primary Program, and this being Mikey's first year in Primary, it was his first program. He did a great job sitting on the stand - only started wondering off once. When the children sang, you could hear a little raspy, monotone voice "singing" the words very clearly. This was Nathan's voice - I don't think Mikey sang one word. He was too busy avoiding eyecontact with me - but when he did look at me, I got a huge smile from him.
Roger loved it, he was so disappointed that he couldn't go up with Mikey (life is very difficult when you're three).
7 comments:
too cute.. what a proud moment for both of you as parents to watch Mikey in his first program.
How sweet. Wow, you have fathers and sons late in the year. It's in May in all the wards in So. Utah. Was it cold there?
So cute!
I'm excited for Jaylee to go to primary after the new year, but it will also make me sad because it means she's growing up! I think it's so sweet how close your boys are!
Your boys are such good friends. I'm just hoping when I have kids that they even like each other!
How fun for Mikey! He was so cute during the program, and I was lucky to sit next to him :) He kept looking at me like, "who are you?" I enjoyed that he stood for the songs, whether he sang them or not :)
How cute....Your boys are getting so big
Post a Comment