While William and Grant were asleep and the other two boys were playing nicely in the toy room yesterday, I decided to wash my stinky dog. Because of his fur, you have to blow dry him afterwords (I know, I never thought I would go as low as blow-drying my dog - I don't even blow-dry my own hair!)
As I'm blow-drying, Mikey and Roger walked in. They started talking to me, but because of the blow-dryer, I couldn't hear them very well. Judging by the look on Mikey's face, I decided that I should probably listen, so I turned off the dryer.
"Mom, where's Grant?" - uh oh, I don't like questions like that. This is Mikey's way of getting me to ask him that question so he can give me the answer.
"Where's Grant?" I ask
"He's on his head ..................Roger put him on his head"
This obviously was not what I wanted to hear, but sometimes kids describe things differently, so I asked Mikey what happen to Grant.
"Roger did it"
"Did what?"
"No, I di'n't do it! Mom, you did it!" Roger puts in, "Mom, what you do to 'rant?"
At this point I knew that I needed to go find out what was going on. I never like it when my boys talk about Grant's head, and I don't like it when they start blaming everyone else of something about Grant's head.
I had left Grant in his swing like this:
When I went downstairs, Grant was in his swing was like this:
I imagine one of the boys somehow tipped the swing over like this:
Then tried to get Grant out of the situation by tipping it into the position I found him. When they realized that they couldn't help Grant themselves, they came and found me. I couldn't get too upset at them for I wasn't quite sure who was to blame (besides myself for assuming they would leave a sleeping, swinging child alone) and they did come get me when there was trouble.
Side note - no actual babies were actually harmed in the reenacting of these moments. In the last two photos, Grant is played by our disturbingly human-like Baby Moses doll.
2 comments:
LOL!! That reenactment is HILARIOUS!!
I have to say, your blog is much more interesting with four boys now!!!
Post a Comment