Monday, September 29, 2008

Day One


Today is the day one of Todd's four week rotation in Columbus. In short, today actually sucked. The kids were not acting very well, the house was a mess - any time I tried cleaning it up, a mess would be starting somewhere else, I had to talk to an office manager about an incorrect bill, I was tired the moment I woke up and I just could not seem to be happy. Dinner was good though - LeNae and I tried making a new dish.
In reality everything that was wrong was because of me and my missing Todd. Which is actually good - it reminds me just how much I love and appreciate him, and how much I depend upon him. It really wasn't too terrible of a day, I'm just glad it's over and that LeNae's here.

The other night, while out to eat with some friends, I mentioned how sad I was that Todd was going to be gone for a month. As I felt sorry for my terrible situation, I realized I was talking to women who know the meaning of loneliness. My one friend's husband has to constantly travel for business, and she has three young children and another one on the way. My other friend, through no fault of her own (she really is quite a saint), no longer has a husband and has to not only deal with her own loneliness, but the frustrations and hurt of her children.

I really am so blessed, and have no reason to complain. This time will pass quickly, and it does give me a chance to focus more attention on the boys - for example I had Roger sleep with me last night. Luckily for you I will probably be blogging more to show pictures of the boys to Todd.

My friend said that the first day is always the worst - so here is to tomorrow!!

7 comments:

Jenn said...

LON BON, I feel so sorry for you! I could never ever do that! You're so brave! And P.S. your boys are seriously all so good looking!!!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Wow you have been so busy! I didn't realize it had been that long since I blogged! Sorry about Todd's absence. It's hard, I know...my husband goes out of town about every 6 weeks for work, and it's not the funnest, but like you said, it could be worse. Looks like you guys are having fun still!

The Lassen Family said...

It IS hard and you will get through it! You are a positive, optimistic person and you will realize that you get somewhat used to it as it goes along. (But never fully, of course!)

I'll have Mikey and Roger over sometime so you can get somewhat of a break.

The Jones Fam said...

I have talked to some women who like it when there husbands leave for a few days. They like the break it provides. I'm with you, I need Jared, and I need his help. I too am thankful that he is able to spend the majority of his time with our family.

Amber said...

Sorry to hear that your day wasn't good! I know that you'll do great without Todd, but I know it's hard. Just try not to stress and pick your battles :)
It's so nice that you have Lanae there to help. We just got back from So. Utah and my bro Nate tells Lanae "HI".
Keep up the HARD work :)Take care!Amber

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Is your sister staying the whole time to help you? I don't know how you keep up. And sorry I don't know... but what is your husband working towards? Doctor?

Dean and Rachel said...

THAT WOULD BE REALLY HARD FOR ME TOO...AND I DON'T HAVE ANY KIDS. I THINK IT'S GREAT THAT YOU LOVE YOUR HUSBAND SO MUCH. GOOD LUCK! I HOPE IT GETS BETTER.