Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Day Two

Day 2 was a lot better for me. I taught Joy School, picked apples, took a nap, made a craft with the boy's footprints, and finished the day with a clean house!

Today in Joy School we talked about being silly. I honestly don't think these kids need lessons on being silly. Mikey is always saying, "I'm a silly guy", and "Mom, you a silly girl". Obviously we all are a little silly.

Having the focus so light-hearted, school was pretty much just playing around. We danced to music, we sang songs, read silly stories, and even built a fort using stools and a blanket.




William thought it was hilarious to stand up and have his little head touch the blanket - the other kids thought it was disastrous since it caused the blanket to cave in.


After lunch LeNae and I took the boys to a friends house to pick apples from her trees. There were TONS of apples. We've been picking there before, and have already made lots of applesauce, but I figure I need to start working more on my food storage, and applesauce is a great place to start.

The boys enjoyed playing with their friends, William enjoyed prolonging the time until he took a nap, and I didn't enjoy risking my neck by climbing the tree (what am I, a child?).

LeNae was a HUGE help.



She didn't even block Grant from the sun!

After getting home, William, Grant and I all took a nap - which allowed me to function without yelling at the boys.

Now here's a littly FYI - If you ever want to preserve your child's hand print or footprint, I recommend using Crayola's Model Magic. This stuff is great.

You kneed it for a few minutes, then using a rolling pin, flatten it out to the shape and size you desire (make sure to have it be at least 1/2 an inch thick or else it will crack), you can use a knife, or scissors later to perfect the shape of your layout. Then you press your child's hand onto the surface. It's great because there is no mixing, it's easy to use, nothing sticks to your hands, and if you mess up, just start over. I love this stuff. Do I sound like an infomercial?

Tonight we made a foot impression to hang up in the boys' room.
Mikey had to make one with Pippen's "claw" I know a lot of this was useless, boring information, but it was all for Todd. Plus, all my funniness lies within Todd, so pray he can visit soon, or just don't read my posts for the next month - which would be too difficult for you to do, I know you're just on the edge of your seat wondering if I can handle the four boys on my own or your making bets to see when I will check into a psych ward.

2 comments:

Holly Weston said...

Loni,
Hang in there! You're doing great. I miss Jared too when he's gone but the longest we've ever been apart is 9 days so I can't complain. I'll be thinking of you. By the way, thanks for the post about Model Magic. Nathan plays with it all the time but it never occurred to me to use it for my boys' feet and handprints. Awesome idea! Thanks! Holly

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Apple picking sounds great and I love the idea of preserving your kids prints. I will have to remember that one!!