Family Home Evening has been one of my struggles. I've known that we needed to teach our children during this allotted time - but I wasn't sure of what to teach them or how. We have "scripture time" during breakfast, where I teach them stories from the scriptures using pictures - this is really great and effective, but we do it daily, I wanted something different for FHE.
We usually end up doing some kind of family activity, like bike riding or going to the park - but we usually do something like that most nights of the week.
The church came out with a nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. After taking a look at it I decided it was perfect for us to use the lessons for FHE. Last night we started with the first lesson- it was a HUGE success. The lesson was geared towards young children and had enough substance for older young children. So William enjoyed it and Mikey learned from it.
Now, it is a nursery manual, so I'm sure we won't be able to continue using it for a really long time, but it is something we can start with right now. I definitely would recommend it to those families with young children, and those families that have both young and older, it would be a great way to have your older children get involved in teaching the younger ones.
You can check it out here
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just started using that manual for fhe as well. My mom actually made suggestions for some of those lessons. Great minds think alike.
Awesome idea, Loni!
Post a Comment