Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weston





My cousin Natalie & Nick live about 7 hours from here. Natalie went to Utah for her grandpa's funeral and because Nick is in school, they had to do something with their little boy Weston. Nick's parents live near me, so Nick and Natalie sent Weston on a four hour car ride with a friend of theirs (I'm not sure how close they are with this friend) who was going to visit a family member in Pittsburgh. Nick's father works near the city, so he picked up Weston and brought him home. Now, my question is who sends their three year-old just like they send a package?
They should have just used Fed-ex, at least they would have gotten a confirmation number?

Nick's mom has to go to work today, so I got to babysit him. It has been great (he really is an easy child to watch, no wonder the "friend" was willing to drive him). At different times Mikey and Roger each have played really well with him, which is good for Mikey to play so interactively with another child besides Roger.

Weston caries a blue security blanket that he calls "money" - ya, you know where his parent's priorities are. He doesn't say a whole lot. When I ask him a question he always says "yes". William will only say "no", so now I am really confused (and somewhat frustrated).

I let the boys outside to play for a moment, and found them like this:
I'm glad they were having fun. Thanks for visiting us Weston. Come again soon!

3 comments:

Terra said...

you did a great job of making a story I already knew very enjoyable reading

Joan said...

Thank you Lonnie for being so willing to help out! Terra told me you wrote a funny post, so I had to log on and read it. I was relieved to have Weston in good hands that day. Fun to see the pics.

Natalie Buchkovich said...

You think you are so funny...fedex !! Hey thanks for helping Joan out. She said Weston had a blast at your house. Some how I have no doubt that he did with you and your wild kiddos. I hope he was good and well behaved liked his mother. Oh yeah, and he came home doing some new tricks...I think he learned them from you!